Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc
Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc is made from 100% Sauvignon Blanc grapes sourced from vineyards in both the Wairau and Awatere valleys of the Marlborough region of New Zealand.
Settled juice is fermented with a range of yeasts at cool temperatures for about three weeks, a period of resting off the lees is followed by bottling. A generous and lifted style, showing powerful aromas of melon, nettle and snow pea; the palate bursts with fresh citrus, grapefruit and melon notes, the fruit carrying through to the aromatic finish.
Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc Tasting Notes
- Colour- Pale green and yellow.
- Nose- Lifted tropical fruits of mango and papaya are balanced with fresh nettles and snow peas.
- Palate-Wonderfully fruit sweet and rich with a crisp refreshing finish.
- Peak Drinking- Drink young to capture the fresh, crisp flavours of this wine.
- Suggested Food Match-Match with fresh flavours such as mint and lime in Vietnamese cuisine.
About Waipara Hills
Established in 2001, Waipara Hills is an award winning wine range from the South Island of New Zealand. Recipient to over 500 medals Waipara Hills has developed a fine reputation for crafting rich aromatics, with vibrant, complex flavour.
The Waipara Hills Cellar Door is located in the picturesque Waipara Valley, just 50km north of Christchurch. Set amongst landscaped gardens, with spectacular views across The Home Block Vineyard to the Teviotdale Hills, our home captures the ‘Soul of the South’.
Specialising in aromatics, visitors to the cellar door can enjoy Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc,Pinot Gris, Riesling, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir.
If you would like to find out more about Waipara hills Click here to view Waipara Hills Website